Oasis Design Group served as the landscape architect and part of a team planning Wilmington Skate Plaza, a new 18,000 square-foot skate park at 300 Liberty Street, under I-95 on Maryland Avenue, in Wilmington, Delaware. Other team members included City of Wilmington, Wilmington Skate Project, skate park designer Grindline, RK&K, and stakeholders.
- Identified suitable location and limits for skate park elements within overall study area.
- Worked with client and other consultants to identify programmatic elements for the park including seating, gathering spaces, landscape zones, and other amenity areas.
- Recommend preliminary circulation routes into and through the proposed park.
- Developed overall lighting concept and plan.
- Developed preliminary green infrastructure and grading alternatives.
- Created an image board to illustrate material types and general landscape character proposed.
- Created overall master plan concept and support illustrations.
- Will be developing construction documents.