The Wilmer Eye Institute is a research and outpatient surgery facility with laboratory, clinical, and office spaces. The 1.6-acre site is bounded on three sides by major streets. As site planner and landscape architect for The Wilmer Eye Institute, Oasis Design Group developed a site plan that addressed vehicular access, circulation, parking, and overall landscape aesthetic.
- Outlined and provided an aesthetically pleasing pedestrian circulation within the site.
- Developed connections to the surrounding hospital campus.
- Created pedestrian seating zones.
- Enhanced building entrance zones at the two primary building entrances.
- Developed the overall site planting plan.
2011 Brick in Architecture Award from The Brick Industry Association, Bronze Winner in the Health Care Facilities category