With its master plan for Rivertown Riverwalk, Oasis Design Group reconnected the city and its residents to the waterfront as part of the city’s strategy to revitalize and redevelop the area creating an overall streetscape master plan and a riverwalk plan. The city of Chester is situated on the Delaware River between the cities of Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware.
- Devised a Rivertown Riverwalk design included an informal, meandering walkway with shade structures, overlook plazas, boardwalks, lighting, and plantings.
- Focused on several areas including streetscape development, design of the urban edges that interface with two existing boat slips, and treatments for the river edge including a riverwalk.
- Ensured that Oasis’ Riverwalk plan focused on a 1,200 linear foot stretch in the densest portion of the project that connects PPL Park, a stadium that hosts the Philadelphia Union soccer team, to The Wharf at Rivertown, which is a mixed-use office retail project.
- Incorporated various stormwater management technologies into a comprehensive landscape plan that included a series of bioretention areas as integral design concepts.
- Created pedestrian nodes throughout the landscape along the Riverwalk to provide a variety of seating opportunities.
- Planned for the proposed landscape to mimic that of a natural water edge ecosystem.