Oasis’ principle effort was to evaluate development potential and make zoning recommendations for specified undeveloped parcels adjacent to the town of Upper Marlboro to the east. Work also included evaluation of lands just inside of the rural tier line and whether the current rural tier line designation should be maintained.
- Assisted the clients in evaluating land use options in the undeveloped areas to the east of Upper Marlboro.
- Evaluated and identified lands appropriate for-
- Henson Creek floodplain boundaries and undevelopable steep slopes,
- Preservation as open space and natural areas,
- Designation as or preservation of rural tier lands,
- Zoning land use recommendations based on surrounding land use context and developability, and
- Parcel specific land use conceptual development scenarios to determine densities.
- Evaluated the MD 725 corridor from US 301 to the Upper Marlboro town boundary and recommended design principles/streetscape/design improvements that could improve the gateway from US 301 into town.