Redesigned Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard to enable people-friendly access from the Boulevard to adjacent neighborhoods and the Christina riverfront. The Boulevard is a key gateway for Wilmington, Delaware, and provides access from I-95 to the riverfront and to downtown.
Oasis Design Group Principal provided Phase I-
- Completed conceptual design for the Boulevard’, landscape architectural construction documentation, and construction administration while employed at a previous design firm.
Oasis Design Group completed Phase II-
- Reconnected adjacent neighborhoods to the river by reestablishing the street grid.
- Improved pedestrian access and streetscape amenities.
- Created a new traditional-design boulevard with a wide landscaped median as well as an overall sidewalk and crosswalk system.
- Designed an overall pedestrian-friendly environment with street trees, traditional pedestrian lights, and special paving for sidewalks.