Oasis Design Group created a master plan for a major renovation of the 1970s era Park to rejuvenate the landscape and improve amenities for the community. Oasis’ design reduced impervious areas and installed bioswales and nonrooftop disconnections to treat runoff to meet water quality standards of the Maryland Department of the Environment.
- Worked with the client and the Friends of Luckman Park to develop a park master plan.
- Conducted public outreach and facilitation with key stakeholders including members of the general public.
- Planned for new sidewalks to replace crumbling asphalt paths and provide walking loops for passive recreation; renovation of an existing picnic shelter environs to create a lawn and performance space for community events; a reconfigured terrace to provide seating and a place for the community to gather; a boardwalk over a seep wetland; updated plantings and an allée of flowering trees to greet visitors as they enter the park; and mitigated on-site sheet erosion.
- Integrated these new elements with the site’s many mature trees and steep slopes.
- Prepared construction drawings.
- Created a new playground and associated plaza.