For James Farm Ecological Preserve, Oasis Design Group developed a long-term master plan. The 150-acre preserve consists of upland fields, freshwater wetlands, a mixed hardwood and pine forest, salt marsh, a sandy bay beach, and a saltwater cove. Horseshoe crab surveys are conducted on the beach during spring the site is a bird watching hotspot.
- Led the master plan design process and facilitated public workshops.
- Acted as prime and worked with its sub-consultant Biohabitats, client, and stakeholders to create a comprehensive master plan that provides a framework for educational programming and ecological restoration program space and facilities.
- Promoted, integrated and fostered ecological stewardship in the master plan.
- Developed an overall site master plan for facilities, parking and visitor engagement along with a refinement of the existing trail system.
- Placed effort on interpreting the various ecological ecotypes on the Preserve through an interpretive signage plan.
- Considered the impacts of climate change on sea levels and their influence on the suggested placement of site amenities.