Oasis Design Group is providing master planning services for the design of a highly visible six-acre community park. The site, located at the intersections of Route 26 and Route 1, is the largest public open space along the Route 1 corridor and serves as the prime gateway into the town of Bethany Beach.
Oasis Design Group–
- Worked with the Town to analyze the programmatic needs of the community into an agreed upon program for development of the Park’s elements.
- Facilitated public meetings to present concepts and refine the Park’s program.
- Prepared schematic and design development drawings.
- Developed an overall master plan that the community could implement over a period of time.
- Planned for the development of park amenities that included community pavilion for special events, pathways for walking and strolling, park gateway elements that serve as community identification markers, community garden elements, shrub walk, varied seating opportunities, and rain gardens.
- Preserved all of the existing trees on site and enhanced them with additional tree plantings.