Botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta play an important role in the preservation of the planet’s natural resources. Their research and educational activities help protect plant communities and ecosystems and they share their information on preservation and sustainability issues.
- Is one of the top design firms in the United States that specializes in botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta.
- Has certified horticulturists and staff members with previous employment in the industry including being a Fellow at Chanticleer.
- Has extensive world travel to botanic gardens and conservatories to study planting and design techniques along with extensive experience designing public gardens and strong facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Active in American Public Gardens Association serving on committees—past Chair of the Design and Planning Professional Section, speaking at national and regional conferences, writing articles for the association’s magazine Public Garden, and attendance at national and regional conferences.
- Understands the nuances and a big-picture approach of public gardens.
- Exhibits passion and commitment to the world of public gardens as expressed in the firm’s award-winning projects and activism.
The Winter Flower Show
Honored to once again work with Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens’ team, Oasis Design Group was the designer for the festive, holiday show. See a video of The Winter Flower Show at Phipps as The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette staff writer Doug Oster gets a personal tour of the exhibit. Continue reading