Botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta play an important role in the preservation of the planet’s natural resources. Their research and educational activities help protect plant communities and ecosystems and they share their information on preservation and sustainability issues.
- Is one of the top design firms in the United States that specializes in botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta.
- Has certified horticulturists and staff members with previous employment in the industry including being a Fellow at Chanticleer.
- Has extensive world travel to botanic gardens and conservatories to study planting and design techniques along with extensive experience designing public gardens and strong facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Active in American Public Gardens Association serving on committees—past Chair of the Design and Planning Professional Section, speaking at national and regional conferences, writing articles for the association’s magazine Public Garden, and attendance at national and regional conferences.
- Understands the nuances and a big-picture approach of public gardens.
- Exhibits passion and commitment to the world of public gardens as expressed in the firm’s award-winning projects and activism.
Living Harmoniously with Nature-summer flower show
Phipps` Center for Sustainable Landscapes is one of the earth`s greenest buildings and has achieved the Living Building Challenge™. The exhibit corresponded with the building`s sustainability theme. It was the result of a competition Phipps posed to Pittsburgh-based interior designers-cross boundaries and display sustainable material in a new way. Continue reading
Gargoyles in the Garden-summer flower show
For one of the oldest and largest conservatories in the United States, Oasis Design Group developed the overall show theme, originally conceptualized by Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens Executive Director Richard V. Piacentini. Continue reading