Botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta play an important role in the preservation of the planet’s natural resources. Their research and educational activities help protect plant communities and ecosystems and they share their information on preservation and sustainability issues.
- Is one of the top design firms in the United States that specializes in botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta.
- Has certified horticulturists and staff members with previous employment in the industry including being a Fellow at Chanticleer.
- Has extensive world travel to botanic gardens and conservatories to study planting and design techniques along with extensive experience designing public gardens and strong facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Active in American Public Gardens Association serving on committees—past Chair of the Design and Planning Professional Section, speaking at national and regional conferences, writing articles for the association’s magazine Public Garden, and attendance at national and regional conferences.
- Understands the nuances and a big-picture approach of public gardens.
- Exhibits passion and commitment to the world of public gardens as expressed in the firm’s award-winning projects and activism.
Life in the Gardens: Fräbel Glass at Phipps
Oasis Design Group served as project manager for the design and planning process of the exhibit by Hans Godo Frabel, an internationally famous artist known for his glass figures. The exhibit was filled with whimsical and otherworldly figures, mysterious masks, playful sculptures, and a botanical interplay never before seen. Continue reading
Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens’ Victorian-style Lord & Burnham conservatory is a renowned piece of architecture that symbolizes a rich period in plant exploration and discovery. Oasis Design Group is creating an equally powerful design for the conservatory`s interior plant exhibitions and site master plan for the surrounding landscape. Continue reading
A principal at Oasis Design Group created a master plan for Lotusland-one of the finest examples of Southern Californian garden design. Lotusland preserves and enhances the collections of exotic plants on a 37-acre Montecito estate of the late Madame Ganna Walska who assembled the botanic garden preserve. Lotusland fosters increased knowledge and appreciation of the importance of plants and the need for their conservation. Continue reading