Botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta play an important role in the preservation of the planet’s natural resources. Their research and educational activities help protect plant communities and ecosystems and they share their information on preservation and sustainability issues.
- Is one of the top design firms in the United States that specializes in botanic gardens, conservatories, and arboreta.
- Has certified horticulturists and staff members with previous employment in the industry including being a Fellow at Chanticleer.
- Has extensive world travel to botanic gardens and conservatories to study planting and design techniques along with extensive experience designing public gardens and strong facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Active in American Public Gardens Association serving on committees—past Chair of the Design and Planning Professional Section, speaking at national and regional conferences, writing articles for the association’s magazine Public Garden, and attendance at national and regional conferences.
- Understands the nuisances and a big-picture approach of public gardens.
- Exhibits passion and commitment to the world of public gardens as expressed in the firm’s award-winning projects and activism.
Sybil B. Harrington Cactus and Succulent Galleries Desert Botanical Garden
Oasis Design Group was the landscape architect for the landscape renovation and collection displays for the Cactus and Succulent Galleries. Oasis` innovative design enabled the two Galleries to be unlike anything seen in the southwest and at any other botanical institution of its kind. Continue reading
Birmingham Botanical Gardens
Led an interdisciplinary team, including an ecological restoration firm Biohabitats, that worked closely with the Gardens to create a comprehensive 67.5-acre garden master plan to shape the future development of the existing collections, new gardens and a framework for improving visitor facilities. Continue reading